Saturday, March 19, 2011

Meanwhile, back in Chicago . . .

I'm back in Chicago and staying in the same apartment I stayed in during January intensive classes. Once again, I felt a need to spruce things up a bit, so I bought these flowers even before I unpacked.

I am looking forward to this week's course, Introduction to Pastoral Ministry, taught by Susi Pangerl. The assignments, which I've almost completely finished, have been challenging as they require a lot of deep digging into one's personal experience of difficult emotions, including shame and grief and loss. So it's hard, but I know that when we're actually engage in pastoral ministry its difficult to know how much of what we perceive is our baggage and how much is the other person's.

I'm very excited about seeing my classmates again, all of whom are such great people.