Saturday, July 17, 2010

Arts and Aesthetics, Day 5: Class Presentations

We each made class presentations today.  They were supposed to involve "the creation of a visual statement, dramatic production or liturgical dance element in worship."  We did a lot of artwork.  The banner I made (at right) is a celebration of the great cycle of life and creation.

For my presentation, I told the story of "Elsie Piddock" who skipped rope in her sleep, and then had everyone create a picture of some place that is sacred to them, as well as something that might guard that place.

Again, I was impressed with everything that my classmates did--what a great bunch.  And again, I was sad to part company with them.  But we shall be together again soon.

All in all, my experience so far at Meadville has been marvelous.  Glory be!