Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paper complete (sort of)

I finished the writing of my final paper for my Contemporary Paganism class and now just need to add footnotes and references.  Everything that I've been writing lately (from my Meadville admissions essay and Sanders Scholarship essay, to class papers and sermons) is about the same thing: engaging with some "other" (whether it is a person, a tree, a rock or a summer breeze) in such a way as to recognize the profound connection between ourselves and that other.

I haven't set out to write the same thing over and over again, but, when the smoke has cleared and the computer keyboard has started to cool off, there it is--some variation of the exact same thing that I've already written about--albeit in a slightly different form.

People say that every minister has just one sermon, and maybe I've already found mine.  We'll see . . .